Stargazed Festival reignites the flames of Footscray by showcasing some of the best in local arts and music.
From the 1st to the 16th of May, a series of immersive concerts and experiences will envelop the area and draw your attention to some more unusual locations.
An immersive Roller Disco experience will get your dark heart moving, whilst experimental sound, video and Virtual Reality performances in a disused ammunition facility will evoke the ghosts of Footscray past. For a relaxing afternoon, take a boat ride down the Maribyrnong River whilst being serenaded by dreamy acoustic folk music, or join us for an evening of films curated by local filmmakers. Enjoy a New Wave rock concert at Kindred Studios showcasing one-off performances from Stargazed Records artists, or mix it up at the variety show, including burlesque, at the Footscray Park Bowls Club. And yes, you can bowl!
Stargazed is a not-for-profit art collective and record label, specialising in immersive experiences and based in Footscray, Victoria.
This show takes place on the traditional lands of the Wurundjeri people, who have been coming together with music, dance and art longer than any other culture on earth. We respect the traditional custodians’ sovereignty over this land, which was never ceded.
ABOUT Stargazed Festival
- Sun, 16 MayMelbourne Tramboat Cruises16 May 2021, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pmMelbourne Tramboat Cruises, Victoria Harbour, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
- Sun, 16 MayMelbourne Tramboat Cruises16 May 2021, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pmMelbourne Tramboat Cruises, Victoria Harbour, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
- Sat, 15 MayFootscray Park Bowls Club15 May 2021, 6:00 pmFootscray Park Bowls Club, 1 Hoadley Ct, Footscray VIC 3011, Australia15 May 2021, 6:00 pmFootscray Park Bowls Club, 1 Hoadley Ct, Footscray VIC 3011, AustraliaArt and music collective, Good Moon Rising, host a variety night at the Footscray Park Bowls Club. An evening of music, performance and projections from local women and gender diverse artists with a touch of bowling.
- Thu, 13 MaySeddon Uniting Church Hall13 May 2021, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pmSeddon Uniting Church Hall, Gamon St & Mackay Street, Seddon VIC 3013, Australia
- Sat, 08 MayThe Line08 May 2021, 6:30 pm – 11:30 pmThe Line, 2 Yewers St, Footscray VIC 3011, Australia08 May 2021, 6:30 pm – 11:30 pmThe Line, 2 Yewers St, Footscray VIC 3011, AustraliaExplore the dark recesses of your Synthetic Dreams with this dark roller disco experience in Footscray on Saturday 8th May. Immerse yourself in Melbourne's finest projection and installation art, live music and DJs, and roaming rolling performances.
- Thu, 06 MaySeddon Uniting Church Hall06 May 2021, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pmSeddon Uniting Church Hall, Gamon St & Mackay Street, Seddon VIC 3013, Australia
- Sat, 01 MayKindred Studios01 May 2021, 7:00 pmKindred Studios, 3 Harris St, Yarraville VIC 3013, Australia01 May 2021, 7:00 pmKindred Studios, 3 Harris St, Yarraville VIC 3013, AustraliaStargazed Festival: Opening Party will see five bands, video artists and DJs transform Kindred Studios into an audio-visual wonderland with stylings of new wave, dark electronic and experimental post-punk. Features Dr Chicken Gristle, Wybie, Snskrt, introducing Genuine Fake, and more.
- Sat, 01 MayJack's Magazine01 May 2021, 10:00 am – 5:00 pmJack's Magazine , Magazine Way, Maribyrnong VIC 3032, Australia01 May 2021, 10:00 am – 5:00 pmJack's Magazine , Magazine Way, Maribyrnong VIC 3032, AustraliaShadowland is a one day only site specific experience not to be missed, with live sound art performances; including a secret noise choir, and a curated art exhibition all inside the structure of an old munitions facility.